Ghost Mist

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Ten Things I Want

This is something I wanted to do. I'm supposed to make a list of ten things I want to own that I don't. This totally reminds me of The Simpson's episode where Marge is like, "I'm going to stay here and think about things I'd like to purchase. Ooo! I don't have that. Or that." So this should be fun.

1. I want a scooter. I know it's a stupid idea. It's not like we have enough summer here to make it viable and it's not like I have anywhere to go that it's not more convenient to take my van. This one is for sale in my city for $1,400. I want it. BUT! I'm not going to buy it. I'm going to save this little dream of mine for another time.

2. I want a huge crock pot. No. I'm not looking up a picture for you guys. No way. Anyway, I don't think I'll wait longer than a couple years for this dream. It's just that right now I have two crock pots and they seem to be cooking enough of everything for the time being.

3. I want a swing for my backyard. Not like one of those sissy kid swings. I want an adult swing with a canopy and a plush cushion.

4. I want a full-length orange ball gown with sleeves. I know. Where would I wear it? Probably no where. And if I had it, it probably wouldn't be a good thing. I'd probably turn into that crazy old bat from 'Great Expectations'.

I have to take a breath. All this greed is overwhelming me. I don't usually allow myself to fantasize about possessions, because actually I hardly believe in them.

5. I want an ironing board in the wall of my bedroom. You know, the kind that folds out that you find in hotel rooms. That would make things so much easier.

6. I would like a crib. My last crib died after having been moved in and out of rooms too many times. Now I have to use a collapsible playpen. Yeah!

7. I would like a dressing table. And there's really nothing stopping me from getting one, except that there isn't room in my room. My room is already a pretty crowded place and it's not a particularly big place.

8. I would like a DVD copy of 'Shadowlands'. It's not for me, but for my father-in-law. Actually, I have hunted high and low in stores and online for a copy of this to give him. I can't find anything under $40 and I'm almost ready to pay that, even though it's a ridiculous price.

9. I'd like a cell phone, even though I don't admit that in public much. I just don't want to pay a monthly fee and it would only be useful once or twice a month. We're all such home dwellers.

10. I would like a new winter coat. I keep seeing one I like in the Victoria Secret catalog I only get because the lady who lived here before me got it. Except I don't want to pay shipping and it doesn't look very warm. But then, what looks warm besides marshmallow coats and I know for a fact - those aren't as warm as they should be. The warmest coat I ever wore weighted like 25 pounds and was full of goose down. It was my dad's and then mine and then my husband's when we couldn't afford a new one for him. Well, he wore it out and now I don't have anything good. Maybe this winter I'll fork out for something I like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home