Ghost Mist

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Check-in Weeks Three and Four

I did my morning pages six days out of seven. The reason I didn't get my pages done the one day was because I had like thirteen people visiting and I had to get up and make pancakes for everyone. Actually, I find three pages a little much. I usually just want to write two. By the time I've written two pages, I'm concentrated and really ready for the day, but I have to keep writing that third page. Yet, I usually get my second wind for it on about the second paragraph and then I learn something new about myself because I start talking about something weird.

I did two artist dates this week. One was rather forced. I was stuck at a water park watching my baby sleep. Well, I wasn't allowed to read this week, so I was forced to watch all the people who came to the water park. I have come to realize that everyone over the age of 18 has a tattoo and absolutely none of them look good in a bathing suit. Really. Why does anyone want to dress immodestly when they look like that? Did they even look in the mirror before they went out in public? Or think before they got their body permanently branded? Tasteless tattoos. Horribly tasteless tattoos.

I also went to China town and had bubble tea. Not really with tea in it - just a slushy with the bubbles in the bottom. Those don't last like regular slurpees.

I did have things fall together nicely. I already believed in prayers being answered or things I need being given to me in just the way they needed to in order for something to happen. In this case, it had to do with the water park. Normally, taking that many people to that place would cost $475.00, but I was telling one of my friends what I was planning to do and she told me about this group rate you can get if you're taking that many people and order your tix a few days in advance. She saved me $200.

Any other issues? Proudly enough - most of the things discussed in the program are things I already knew. I have already addressed my family issues, so I really brushed by chapter 3. Then in chapter 4 they talk about not reading in order to open yourself up to sensory experiences, which is something I knew as well. If you're always cramming your brain full of someone else's thoughts then how can you possibly think for yourself? So, things are going swimmingly and I'm not having any tantrums or angry outbursts like they describe artists having. Actually, I'm excited to see if there are any concepts I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home