Ghost Mist

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Me as a Pie

Okay, so the purpose of this next exercise is to examine six different aspects of your life and figure out where you are satisfied and where you are not. I'm supposed to make a pie chart, but mine didn't load well into blogger, so we'll just pretend it's a pie. Let's go.

Work - 40% satisfied

I used to be satisfied by my job before I had a baby and started staying home with my kids. There's a lot to be said for uninterrupted productivity, which is something I seldom have the pleasure of enjoying. Plus, if I'm home and no one is paying me and no one is checking up on me who has the power to fire me - I tend to only do the things I want to. So important stuff gets neglected. I wish I were better at getting on with it.

Play - 60% satisfied

I like playing with my kids. There's not a lot of adult like play - like going to the movies, or bowling, or playing pool, or eating out. Hence the lack of satisfaction. In the end, my idea of play is shopping for something other than diapers and milk.

Exercise - 30% satisfied

About the only scheduled exercise I get is when I play DDR at night. That's if I can get to my basement. It's amazing how many things can hold that up when all I have to do is get down two flights of stairs. It's not that I don't get exercise. Anyone who has kids can MOVE when they have to. My friends say I'm a good sprinter - especially talented at snatching kids who are about to wander out onto the road.

Friends - 100% satisfied

A few weeks ago, I arranged to have a date with my two girlfriends every Tuesday. I've probably never had such a great collection of friends in my whole life.

Romance/Adventure - 70% satisfied

The only reason I'm dissatisfied is because I have a hard time getting my man alone. I'm trying to convince him to take me to a tropical island next summer for our ten year wedding anniversary. But, if I leave my mom at home (not with the kids) then I know she'll be unhappy. She's got money to travel, just no one to go with. But it's not supposed to be a family vacation. It's supposed to be a romantic getaway.

Spirituality - 90% satisfied

The only reason for the 10% lack is that I would like a little more scheduled time to study my scriptures. I get family scripture study done, but it's hard to get the personal one done.

So, that's where I'm lopsided - WORK and EXERCISE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home