Ghost Mist

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Five Imaginary Lives

All right, the next assignment is to imagine that you have five imaginary lives. What would I do in them?

1. I would be a chef.

I really like food and I really like cooking. I don't really have a lot of time for it and my brain has been hopelessly damaged for the number of times I've thrown up - probably over a thousand times - until I have so many sensory issues with food I could die - BUT! I still like food.

2. I would be an opera singer.

Part of the reason for doing this is to unlock your dreams and get you to act on what you write down. I already wander around the house singing when I feel like it. It took a lot of courage not to get rattled whenever my mother comes in (just as a side note - I'm not a teenager, but my mom lives with me since she has bad health). Except that I haven't had a new practice song in awhile. My last one was 'My Immortal' by Evanesence. I was struggling with it when I was pregnant. Pretty much as soon as I had my baby, my diaphragm started working again and I could suddenly sing it right.

3. Accounts Receivable Clerk

I know accounting probably sounds like the most non-creative profession in the world, but I really liked doing it the two times I used to do it. I did it at a University and a Newspaper. It's repetitive, but it leaves a place in your brain free for thought and it comes out right in the end. I like doing paperwork.

4. Art Teacher

I used to teach grade four students art as part of my work experience when I was in high school. It's not that I'm a brilliant artist, but I have loads of ideas for projects intended to spur creativity and enhance fine motor skills. I was also taking an art class at the same time I was teaching this class and HOLY CATS - my art teacher didn't know what the heck he was doing. It would have been a more exciting class if I could have taught it. And that's not me being egocentric. His class was really lousy.

5. Plushie maker

Yeah. I want to learn how to make plushies. I can't even explain how much I want to learn how to do this, but I don't like the patterns I find and the patterns I make myself usually don't turn out as well as I'd like. I want to take a class in this ... when my kids are old enough to stop turning my sewing machine off and on while I'm using it.

END NOTE: Just as a thought I had while I was looking this list over (and I didn't do this intentionally), each one of these professions play into a different sense. Food for the taste and smell, singing for the ears, art for the eyes, and plushies for the touch. Accounting? Well, to feed my need for control and to rest my poor brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home