Ghost Mist

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Too Eager

Today is New Year's Day and I am going to make a couple of resolutions for the new year - even though I think that sort of thing is cheesy and unlikely to be accomplished solely because a resolution was made on New Year's Day. New Year's resolutions are cursed. Do you know how many people start jogging the day after New Year's and then give up? ... I don't know either. I've never been one of them. My resolutions are strictly to do with my writing, because those concerning other parts of myself are silly - I try to be a good person all the time.

First - I'm going to stop being such an eager beaver. Sometimes when I write, I feel like I end up spewing the chapter out because I haven't got the patience to tell a story carefully and beautifully. I just want everything right now and I'm terrified that I'll lose the reader's interest.

I am stuck in a miserable catch 22 and I don't know what to do about it. I hardly get any time to write too - it sucks. There's no time to write storyboards, write in my journal, write for fun, write seriously, write emails, write letters, get involved in the community and write bylaws. How the crap am I supposed to get better when I have no bloody time?

I'm frustrated.

4 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahah. I don't think just because made "New Year's" resolutions they'll come true. But I do like to kid myself for a second. It's all an illusion, like Christmas. Though it's been quite a while since I last put up any Christmas decorations or a lousy tree.

I understand what you mean. It would be good if we could just wake up, sit down, and have all day long to write. Nothing to do or bother us... and preferably a perfect health. It's a pity that real life gets in the way and there are a million things to do.
I wish I could concentrate on writing right now too, but I have so much to study. :'(

Oh, I read the "Twilight" book. Actually, I read Twilight and New Moon. It is very evil of me if I say I didn't like it? And that I've read a billion fanfics very similar? I seriously don't know what the big fuss was about. It was enjoyable, but nothing special. I thought it could be much better written, though.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urgh! I made so many typos in my last comment... I'm sorry! I think my brain is melting from very little sleeping and too much studying. :P

I wish you lots of happiness this year, big sis! :)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie Van Orman said...

Hey algelic,

No. It doesn't bother me that you didn't like 'Twilight'. The reason I've been drawn to it is because one of my Escaflowne readers told me that I write like Stephenie Meyer.

I don't think I do for style (she's way slower with the plot than me), but it looks like my plot ideas are similar. Oh well! It's a constant thorn in my side that I haven't gotten anything published and what I've researched (regarding the process) makes it seem almost impossible.

Blah.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it takes a very long time (several years even) to get anything published. And sometimes even longer than that to get recognition. You might even be dead by then. lol it's a cruel world! Don't despair! Try your best!

I was kind of angry that Stephenie Meyer was so lucky. Someone who didn't have a particular passion for writing just wrote something on her laptop, send it to a few agents... and got so popular in a heartbeat. I'm probably being unfair, but I guess I'm just angry for all the good writers I know that either never got their stuff published or took MANY years to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home