Ghost Mist

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Slave in Heaven

I'm done with my dilemma. I've made my choice. I'll be a slave in heaven.

This means that I'm done with fanfiction for the time being. I used to be terrified of sending a manuscript into a publishing house or to a literary agent. I know chances of getting something published are like nil, but I want to try. If I post my work online, I know a whole slew of girls will come read it, but I want to see if I can pull of an actual career of it. Even just to have a publisher acknowledge that I don't completely suck would be an overwhelming achievement.

That's what I've decided.

I'm not sending 'Ghost Mist'. I'm working on a new novel, one that I think is probably more up my alley. No one will see it until it's finished, which will be hard for me since I'm used to constant validation, but I have thousands of reviews to ease the pain, so I'll read them when I feel down. Thank you once again to everyone who reviews my work or who has ever reviewed my work.

Even if I crash and BURN BURN BURN - I can still change all the characters to Van and Hitomi (maybe they'll buy that they were supposed to be them all along) and post it on fanfiction.net and then maybe I'll be a star again instead of a slave. For the time being - I'll have to be the slave - there's just no other way for me.

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooo happy for you! :D

Even though it'll be much harder than sticking to Fanfiction, it'll be much more satisfying. I think that just because there is an easier road, it doesn't mean it's the one we should follow. Sometimes to get what we really want, we have to walk down the harder road.

^^ I'm so proud of you sis! Afterwards let me know what you wrote.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gonna be SO hard not to ask you what you're writing about every time I see you or talk to you!! I know you'll do well, so I wish you the best!

Excited for you,
Fourlittlepeas

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie Van Orman said...

You're such a weirdo. You're just laughing in your sleeve aren't you, because you know that you'll get to preview it, when everyone else will probably never see it. Right?

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger jomiel said...

Would you still like me to comment on Ghost Mist that I've never finished and send back to you?

I'm happy that you decided to take your path toward a new novel--but it's also a bit sad that we won't be able to talk as much about your previous writing. Perhaps you can still blog about writing in general?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home