Ghost Mist

Sunday, June 20, 2010

In My Room

This exercise asks you to describe your childhood room. To fulfill the requirements of the assignment, I'm going to skip my childhood room and instead describe my teenage room.

I had a plain blue cover on my bed. It had blue ink stains on it from when I used to write in bed and I had a pen explode. That was something about my bedroom when I was a teenager. I could reach out in an direction and pick up a pen (between my mattress and my box spring, on the bedside table, in my bedside table, on the floor, in my hair). I had the most humongous dresser that was stained dark brown. It had interesting carving on it. Actually it was missing a drawer, but somehow that didn't diminish its beauty. I also had a green armchair to throw clothes on. I still have it in my basement. It has been my husband's favourite chair.

Next, I'll describe the walls. I had pictures I had drawn myself, poems I had written and illustrated, posters of art that I found beautiful. I also had two long columns of shelves that were inlaid in my closet and I had put tiny pictures for each shelf like each one was its own little world.

I think my favourite thing was the pen thing. I loved that.

What's my favourite thing about my room right now? Parts of it are so much like the room of my dreams. I really love my headboard. It's black iron swirls and flowers. And I have a black and white picture of my husband next to my side of the bed in a silver frame that makes him look like he was a movie star in the forties. My husband is cute.

But I could definitely stand to do a thing or two to make this place more like my home - like get the rest of my pictures up. I should make that a goal for the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home