Ghost Mist

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Just a Little Update

Okay, so I said that I went on vacation this past weekend. So, my goal was to write up to chapter 20 of MoaG. It was an unrealistic goal, but if I don't think big like that then it gets boring. I did get up to chapter 18 though. I just got dragged down because chapter 13 was so flipping hard to write. So hard. It was aggrivating the heck out of me.

Such a delicate balance.

After chapter 13 was sent off to Nightfaux and Kaytala for examination, I could work on other stuff while they tried to help me figure out how to fix that horrid piece of pure trash. I didn't think I was ever going to feel happy about the way that chapter was going to play out, but in the end - I was pretty happy.

But seriously, once I didn't have to think about chapter 13 - I just flew. It was incredible. I just sat down and pounded out the story because I knew exactly what I wanted for chapters 14 and 15. They were a snap to write. Chapter 16 and 17 turned out to be a little more complicated, but still good. I didn't have many notes for chapter 16, so I had to B.S. it. But anyone who knows me knows that I'm a championship B.S. artist, so that worked out well. I'm glad that I didn't postpone it so that I could try to generate more ideas - the way it played out when I improvised was quite good. I relied on my notes for Chapter 17 very heavily for that chapter. I would have just stared at my computer screen blankly if I hadn't had notes. They saved me. I was seriously sitting there going, "Okay? Now what's supposed to happen?" I need to go over those two chapters once more and then I can pass them off onto Kaytala. That makes me four chapters ahead of the game. Wicked eh? Maybe if I keep this up I can finish the whole book in three weeks and start working on my next project. That's wishful thinking for you. Not even I am that good. I get drained just like everyone else.

But I hate myself when I get drained. It's not that I can't come up with ideas for writing, but I also can't come up with ideas for life. Every part of my life suffers when I finally deflate.

Anyway, chapter 18 ... I'm not quite finished it yet. It's one of those chapters that everyone has been waiting for (chapter 17 is one of those chapters too), cause I'm coming to the end. Actually, everyone has been talking about chapter 18 on the forum and stuff (even though they don't know it) and I feel a little pressure to make it a little more awesome than the regular. But it doesn't seem awesome to me. I've known what would happen in this chapter for some time, so I guess I'll just have to make the plot carry itself and I'll go take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home