Ghost Mist

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Slump

Okay, so anyone who's been reading my blog or anyone who knows me personally, know I've been in a slump for the past little while. I think it started about three weeks ago. I've been so bummed about writing and feedback and blahhhhhhh........

Long story short - I've been really bummed.

Over the past few days, I really got my second wind. I just finished writing chapter 15 of 'Mark of a Goddess'. Can you believe that? I almost can't. I can't believe I was able to scrape up any inspiration at all. I think there's only one reason why I've wanted to continue. Once I started writing chapter 13, I started to get excited about the story again. I've been dying to write this plot arch and working on it was really fun.

I've also been thinking really hard about what I want to do with myself once 'Mark of a Goddess' is finished. I've been wondering what I should do next. I have two ideas for novels that I haven't completed to my satisfaction. One is called 'Ghost Mist'. I think everyone knows about this because I've been trying to promote it. It's original fiction. The second one is called 'Half the Moon'. Both of these ideas are old ideas of mine and they've been stewing in my head for a long time - both of them. I had been thinking that I'd do 'Ghost Mist', but after quite a few long conversations with a hardcore fantasy reader, I think maybe I shouldn't. 'Half the Moon' is sci-fi. I think both of these are amazing stories, but I know that I won't be able to scrape up half the readership that my Escaflowne stuff has been able to generate. I find this so depressing, especially when original fiction is SO much harder to write. No seriously - anyone who has any illusions about this - abandon them NOW. Fanfiction is WAY easier. Even just the help of giving you the appearances of the characters is LOADS of HELP. That sparks your imagination. If you have to invent the characters yourself than you're screwed.

Welp, in order to answer this question, I'm going to go post a poll on 'Wild Moon Swings' just to see which story would be more popular. Both of them are fairly advanced ideas, so I could do either one.

I'm on my way!

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger algelic said...

I wish I could write original fiction, but there's always a thought that troubles me: what if, after I published it, some writer came and told me that I stole his idea? How do I know that there isn't someone out there who had the same idea as me (or very similar)? Argh... that idea just kills me inside.

I'll be here to cheer for you. ^^

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Sapphirefly said...

When I was thirteen, I wrote a line that I thought was very clever. It turned out that the exact same line appears in Shakespear and in the bible. Frankly, I'm a post modernist when it comes to writing, and I recommend that you become one too if you want to write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home